無頭像
Orrtul1y

帖子 13162
註冊 2017-10-27
用戶註冊天數 2426
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-29 15:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Are successive Governments of Guyana prepared to invest in single mothers?Something is wrong at the heart of the Guyanese system. Every day that goes by,Wholesale Jerseys USA, I am realizing that few things happen quickly in Guyana save and except when personal vested interest of the politically powerful are involved.? Any government would realize that empowerment of single mothers can be a potent developmental tool and a tangible booster for economic growth especially in an environment where all the indicators are pointing to stunted economic growth rate.Sase SinghThe true wealth of a nation lies not in its gold or bauxite, or rice, or sugar, but its institutions of learning and research and its children.? Who cares for the nation’s children?? Mothers!If one is to assess the track record of the Jagdeo/Ramotar administration on housing for the poor and the working class, they will get a satisfactory grade because although some may have found homes in places like Diamond and La Parfaite Harmonie, the reality is that the poor single mothers have literally been shut out of the market in general.Today we have a new government and mothers in communities like Plastic City, Pigeon Island and Tiger Bag among other depressed communities have a real expectation.The system of serving the poor and the working class is broken and leadership with “steel back” is required to change the way we do business.? Poor people can and must be leverage as economic centers and partners to grow this economy.? I am expecting much more from the Granger / Nagamootoo administration on the housing front especially on how it serves the single mothers.One of my greatest disappointments to date in our new Government, is that the people have not heard how we plan to address the social and economic disparities in the society by “ensuring all Guyanese have equal access to housing”.? This is what we promised in our manifesto and this is what has to be done come hell or high water.? This is not a game.On the campaign trail we promised female headed households and first time home buyers “low interest housing loans”.? NOT DONE!? We promised the Guyanese people that we will work hard to ensure that “every Guyanese family has access to affordable housing” but where is the policy to drive this agenda?Where is our action plan with quantifiable commitments and milestones on these housing promises?? All governments must be judged on their rhetoric and not because I am a supporter of this government, I should not hold them accountable. This is not a game; the poor people’s lives are in our hands and we have to act more decisively in enhancing their welfare.It is time for these historical injustices that were nurtured under the Jagdeo/Ramotar governments, to be corrected.? For how long will the single mothers,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, who work as Police Constables, Clerks and Sales Girls on Regent Street, have to wait for a fighting chance to improve their future?? This Granger/Nagamootoo government owes these people this much,Cheap Jerseys From China, a fighting chance.? Many of these ladies came out in full strength to make this government a reality.? There would have been no Minister Bulkan and no Minister Scott if these mothers in their numbers, did not turn up at the polling stations to offer our coalition their full support.? There is an unpaid debt to be honored especially for the single mothers who continue to live in squalor in places like the mudflats of Plastic City and Pigeon Island and the urban garbage dumps that surrounds Tiger Bay.Over a month ago I advanced a model using a state construction company to provide some low income housing which can be cash neutral to the nation; yet to date – squat.? As I said in my opening statement,Wholesale China Jerseys, few things happen quickly in Guyana and the poor continue to wallow in their poverty and are struggling to ride out the current economic condition.So let us reflect on a few key things?1.????? How has the 2015 Budget impacted on these single mothers and their unsuitable housing situations?2.????? How are the housing loan programmes geared to support the single mothers?3.????? What tax breaks are in place such as “child tax benefits” for the working mothers who have applied to secure their own home?4.????? What financial aid is available for first time home buyers to help the working poor and young climb on to the equity ladder with their own home?CONCLUSIONThe case has been made on the campaign trail by both the government and the opposition to invest in the single mothers but to date these promised are all being honoured in the breach. So what is the plan and when will the working poor and single mothers see the bacon?Somebody has to wake up,<a href="http://www.cheapfanzz.com/Anaheim