無頭像
Orrtul1y

帖子 13162
註冊 2017-10-27
用戶註冊天數 2395
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-13 12:38 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…vows to ensure projects are properly monitoredFormer executive of the Alliance For Change (AFC),Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Dr. Veerasammy Ramayya, has been appointed the top accounting officer for Region Six (East Berbice).And the outspoken Berbician is vowing to ensure taxpayers’ dollars are well spent.A Member of Parliament (MP) in the short-lived 10th Parliament,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Ramayya resigned from AFC in August,Wholesale Jerseys China, complaining that he was sidelined although he had made significant contributions on the campaign trail for the coalition, which went on to win the May 11 General and Regional Elections.He was not too happy with what he was being offered initially, but yesterday indicated he is pleased with the post.His appointment as Regional Executive Officer (REO) for Region Six becomes effective Monday.Speaking from Berbice yesterday, Dr. Ramayya in confirming the appointment by the Ministry of Communities disclosed that he will use his position to benefit Berbice and ensure that mandatory inspections are carried out on state projects.“Even if I have to work seven days every week, I will ensure that Berbicians get value for their tax monies.”He said that he is still to familiarize himself with the budgetary allocations made to the region,Wholesale Jerseys USA, a key rice and sugar growing area.Appointed REO: Dr. Veerasammy Ramayya“Based on what we heard on the campaign trail, there are many issues in Region Six. I will want to target community playgrounds, address the suicide issues,Wholesale China Jerseys, and work along with schools and the teachers to ensure better environment for students. I am particularly concerned about the drainage situation and conditions in Black Bush Polder.”Ramayya disclosed that he has taken note that the contractor of the $394M resurfacing of the East Berbice Road has been mandated to correct defects.“We also have Fyrish road and hospitals in the area. I intend to work closely with interested persons to establish community groups as I believe that this is the way to go.”Of particular interest to Dr. Ramayya are contracts that are awarded by the region.“I don’t intend to stay in the office. I will be going out on the road and checking the projects to ensure the work is being done. There will be strict oversight on spending with more work also to be done in drainage and irrigation.”The Opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP)- criticized the appointment, saying that Ramayya has no professional experience or skills set to fill this highly technical position.The party said that the Berbician was appointed to this position to replace a “highly skilled professional public servant”, who served as REO for a number of years in several regions,?who was removed from his job because of his perceived allegiance?to the PPP.“This person was neither a member nor activist of the PPP. Several technically trained Regional Executive Officers have been dismissed from their jobs. The reason given is that REOs must not have any political connection.”PPP said that Ramayya is an AFC leader and was a candidate on the APNU+AFC National List in the May 11 General and Regional Elections, yet he was appointed an REO.“This latest duplicitous and hypocritical act?of political patronage and cronyism is another example of the APNU Government abandoning its campaign promise of professionalizing the public sector.”The party believed that this move by the APNU+AFC government is?to politicize the regional administration and to ensure that the “party hacks” have a stronghold on the region’s budget and finances, and this political contamination must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.“Additionally,Cheap Jerseys From China, the PPP??is in receipt of information that the Ministry of the Presidency??has employed approximately 16 persons in Region Six, each of whom will be paid in excess of $150,000 monthly and will enjoy duty-free concession, free telephone, driver and state vehicle as well a security, to do, exclusively, party political work.”The PPP said that it strongly believes that this is being replicated in all ten administrative? regions.“This is not only creating jobs for the boys, but is using scarce taxpayers’ dollars to do party political work at the nation’s expense. The PPP will continue to expose this blatant act of corruption by the APNU+AFC?government as we acquire the evidence.”