無頭像
OqubgW8B

帖子 11937
註冊 2017-10-10
用戶註冊天數 2412
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-19 20:17 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Pull Quote: “Tools which lie idle will become rusty. You have to keep yourself busy otherwise there will be room for your abilities to become tarnished.”By Sharmain GraingerThe notion that a good teacher is like a candle which consumes itself to light the way for others has resonated well with the teaching career of Mrs Patricia Holford.? In fact, this month marks 13 years since she has been so dedicating herself to young girls – most of whom are dropouts – attending the Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA). Twenty-four years prior, she was dedicated to similar undertakings at the Clerical Commercial Institute (CCI) which was then situated at the junction of Waterloo and Quamina Streets,Wholesale Jerseys Paypal, Georgetown.Patricia HolfordAs a teacher of both English and Typewriting at various levels, Mrs Holford was over the years able to significantly impact the lives of a number of individuals, primarily young women, by instilling values that ranged from good mannerisms to even a belief in God.? Many of her students have since grown into principled adults who have assumed prestigious positions in public offices.Mrs Holford revealed that teaching is not merely a profession to her, but has been a way of life,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, since it has helped her to redefine the role of motherhood, not only to her own children, but also to those who were entrusted into her teaching care. She warned, though, that the teaching career is certainly not for the fickle-minded, but for those fit to endure sessions with students, some of whom are tough and wayward, with a view of instilling lessons that will have a lasting impression.At the age of 78, Mrs Holford still has the stamina to attend to two classes simultaneously at the YWCA but, as of last week, is prepared to put an end to her “talk and chalk” profession at the behest of her children and the guidance of the Almighty.She intimated during her interview that her life’s path for the past years has been nothing short of a manifestation of divine guidance.Reflecting on her stint at the YWCA, which commenced on September 13, 1999, Mrs Holford recounted that just as suddenly as she was ejected from what she thought was a secure job at CCI, she was thrust into another.? It was certainly not anticipated that she would have ended up at the YWCA which is known to cater to girls who do not have the ability or sometimes opportunity, for one reason or another, to complete their schooling in the mainstream education system.Her move to the YWCA occurred during a time when she was struggling to make ends meet for her family of seven children having lost her husband, the main breadwinner, a few years before.“CCI had decided to close its doors. And though they were claiming they would later rehire staff I was going to be out of a job. I had a family to take care of and I didn’t know what I was going to do. A friend even asked me what I would do and all I could say at that point was that God would take care of me since He (God) said He would take care of the widow and the orphans.”She was at the time referring to the biblical book of Psalm 146 which speaks to the notion that God will sustain the fatherless and the widow.It was a matter of days after being laid off from CCI that Mrs Holford was before an interview panel at the YWCA, which would eventually become her place of employment and an avenue for her to really exercise her teaching skills.Born on April 23, 1934,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, Mrs Holford was raised a devoted Catholic, but would eventually trade in those beliefs for that obtained at the Kitty Assemblies of God Church where she remains a Sunday School teacher even today.? The sacred wisdom she obtained in church was somehow transmitted to her classroom.Patricia HolfordHer dedication to the profession ensured that she knew each child in the classroom which allowed her to classify them according to their capabilities.? She developed a rigid and passionate programme which has seen her working over the years diligently with individuals assigned to her,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, with the aim of ensuring that their best is obtained in and out of the classroom.“Although most of the girls that I have dealt with at the YWCA were dropouts, some of them were very good and cooperative, and so I found it interesting dealing with them. I would always urge them to aim for the sky…and you could easily recognise those who would shine and I realised that I couldn’t pull them down to meet the in-between students, otherwise they wouldn’t be interested in the work anymore. Those at the bottom of the ladder I encouraged to run, but that didn’t mean I didn’t walk with them until they were able to run on their own and reach to the higher heights of learning,” Mrs Holfor