無頭像
OqubgW8B

帖子 11937
註冊 2017-10-10
用戶註冊天數 2408
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-11 10:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Ralph SeeramHe had retained a lawyer in Guyana to “pass a transport” on a property which he said was bequeathed to him by his late parents. His other siblings took objection, occupied the property, so the matter went to court. He said that he paid a large sum of money to this lawyer in Georgetown,NFL Jerseys Outlet, but now he can’t hear anything from the lawyer. The lawyer is not even returning his phone calls or mail. He therefore wanted me to see how I can help him.Every week I receive emails from Guyanese in the Diaspora about their personal problems experienced in Guyana, about the social and economic condition in Guyana, complaints about the Guyana Government and the opposition parties.People all over the world have always believed in the power of the press. A free press to some extent is an indication of a free society.? People feel the press has a special privilege or rights; not realizing the freedom of the press is derived from the rights and freedom of the people themselves. The press is basically a medium for people to express themselves.Like me,Authentic NFL Jerseys Wholesale China, every day Kaieteur News receives complaints from citizens. Sometimes the complaints lead to exposure and the paper gets some results. What some may not realize is the press can only express the individual views, maybe do some follow up with officials and nothing more.So when Ram asked me for help in his “transport problem” I began wondering how I can help. I live in Florida; Ram believes in the power of the press; he believes that by naming and exposing this lawyer he might get results.When I wrote about Caribbean Airlines, dozens of people reacted with emails detailing their bad experiences with the airline and were happy someone gave it some exposure. By the way, in the interest of disclosure Caribbean Airlines did send me and my family some vouchers to be used on a future flight. Some readers pointed out that I may get results because I had access to the media, and wondered what about the other passengers who experienced similar problems. I would suggest they send their complaints to CAL customer service by email.When I wrote about Guyana highway bandits in uniform, the police, people wrote about similar experiences when they visited Guyana. Some Guyanese drivers said that they have no choice but to bribe if they are to survive to make a living.For the most part, most of the emails I receive are critical of the Guyana Government, and most of these readers claimed that they were supporters of the PPP government.Sometimes I receive emails about subjects irrelevant to the subject article; it was just an excuse to rant about the Guyana Government and the opposition parties,Wholesale China Jerseys, as well as the social and economic conditions of Guyanese at home.A constant complaint from Guyanese in the Diaspora who visited Guyana is the abundance of filth and garbage in and around the city of Georgetown. Some noted that the government talks about promoting tourism, and wondered how many repeat tourists Guyana will have after seeing how stink and dirty Georgetown is.This past week I was taking a friend who was visiting from New Amsterdam, around Orlando, Florida where I live. The one thing that caught her attention is how clean and neat the City is. I pointed out to her that Orlando is a tourist destination point,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, millions of people visit mainly because Disney and Universal Studios and other tourists attractions nearby such as beaches.The County has an interest in keeping the City clean as well as keeping the tourists corridors crime free as much as possible. I told her to look around, every other corner were garbage containers,Cheap Jerseys, unlike Guyanese people make use of them.I am not saying that you may not have the occasional people littering, but there are people constantly picking little or cleaning up to keep the town attractive, compare that to Guyana who wants to promote tourism, and see how far they have to go.One reader suggested that I do an article on the level of service in Guyana, which according to Mike is a “stew teeth service” and I quote Mike “I call it stew teeth, a frown and a half napkin, where the customer is always wrong”.Mike is right I personally experienced that kind of service. However I walked out of the restaurant and took my business to another established where the service was a little better. Mike also suggested that maybe if the police are paid better they may not be as corrupt as they are now.I must mention that Mike bombards me with emails about the ills of Guyana as if I am the President of Guyana or opposition leader David Granger, people who are in position to make real changes