無頭像
OqubgW8B

帖子 11937
註冊 2017-10-10
用戶註冊天數 2409
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-11 23:27 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Barbados boutique tragedy…– Guyanese victim died of suffocationBy Sean Devers Barbados police yesterday released a sketch of one of the men suspected of hurling ‘channa-bombs’ into the Campus Trendz Boutique in Tudor Street on Friday and causing an inferno that claimed the lives of six women, including a Guyanese.The incendiary devices were thrown into the building around 19:00hrs after the suspects had allegedly carried out a brazen robbery there.The dead include 19-year-old store employees Amanda Pearl Cornelius (a Guyanese), 24-year-old Vincentian Kellisha Olliviere, and 18-year-old Barbadian Shanna Griffith. The other victims, Kelly-Ann Welch (24), Tiffany Harding (23) and Nikita Belgrave (23) were shopping for clothes to go out later that night.The Guyanese store-owner , Yasmin Ali,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, known as Shameez, was chopped and sustained burns during the attack. She has since been released from hospital.Amanda Pearl Cornelius Yesterday police were still looking for the perpetrators and a sketch of one of the suspects was published in the Barbados media.Earlier reports had stated one of the dead was a toddler but Police confirmed that all six victims were young adults.A Barbadian Police informed that no arrests have been made. He said that a rumour that one of the suspects was Guyanese was unconfirmed and could make an already tense situation worse, since emotions are high in the aftermath of Friday’s disaster.It is believed that one of the lasses was pregnant while this newspaper was told that telephone contact was made with at least one of the girls while the fire was raging.Amanda migrated to Barbados 10 years ago and was a student of Springer Memorial. She worked part time (Fridays and Saturdays) and was in Guyana last year. She planned to visit again last month but could not get a flight.Her uncle, former Guyana under-19 cricketer Troy Gobin, told Kaieteur News from Canada yesterday that arrangements are being made to bring Amanda’s body to Guyana this week.“She was such a sweet girl….I have not seen her in six years and we were all planning to go to Guyana this month for a family reunion. My sister should be in Barbados this week. As soon as the body is handed over to the family by the Police they will return home,” Troy said.Amanda’s friend Ryan said he spoke to her 20 minutes before her death when he left Amanda, Kellisha and Shanna, who were all close friends,Wholesale Jerseys China, in the store.Suspect’s Sketch “I was right outside the store when it was burning and I knew they were in there and could do nothing. They were girls and must have been scared and ran to the back. If a guy was with them they might have had the courage to get out of there. It’s a shame there was no other exit. It’s heartbreaking to lose three friends like that in one night. I am thankful that my wife was not there with them,” Ryan said.Another heart-rending episode came from city vendor Alvin Babb who, along with two others, tried unsuccessfully to rescue those inside the burning building.Babb said that as long as he lived those screams from inside the building would haunt him.Troy disclosed that Amanda,Jerseys NFL Cheap, who is also a relative of former West Indies cricketer Milton Pydanna, died from suffocation.“At least she did not get burn to death. I will not be at peace until those guys are caught and punished….I don’t care who they are or where they come from,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,” Troy said.A source close to the store said that robbery might have been a second motive since no money might have been taken. He is confident that the police will solve the case.In a passionate appeal, Police PRO,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, Inspector David Welch, urged all Barbadians to do everything in their power to bring the perpetrators to justice.Descriptions of the suspects releasedOne of the suspects was wearing a blue or black peak cap, white T-shirt with horizontal green stripes, dark-coloured pants and a pair of black shoes. He is about five feet, four inches tall, of slim build and of dark complexion.His accomplice is reportedly about five feet,China NFL Jerseys, six inches tall, of slim build, and of dark complexion, with a long face with a turned-up nose, and black Afro hairstyle.